Papers and Publications by Mark Richardson
1. Richardson, M. (1978) A study of Trifolium fragiferum in relation to salinity. Hons thesis. Australia National University
2. Richardson, M. (1979) Themeda australis (Kangaroo Grass) and its suitability for amenity purposes. City Parks Research Unit 1979 Report, Canberra
3. Richardson, M. (1979) A review of tree planting in Canberra. City Parks Research Unit 1979 Report, Canberra.
4. Richardson, M. (1982) A comparison of the growth of Eucalyptus viminalis and Eucalyptus melliodora in urban plantings. Master of Science thesis. Australian National University, Canberra.
5. Richardson, M. (1983) Correct sowing rates for the establishment of turf from seed. Proceedings of the 1983 National Turf Seminar, Canberra.
6. Richardson, M. and Doyle, J. (1983) Maps of the Westbourne Woods, Canberra. In: Rout, T and Eldridge, K. Westbourne Woods. Conservation Council of the S- E Region and the ACT.
7. Richardson, M. (1985) The Care and Maintenance of Trees. Royal Australian Institute of Parks and Recreation, Canberra.
8. Richardson, M. (1985 – 1989) Australian National Botanic Gardens Endangered Species Collection – Annual Reports. Australia National Botanic Gardens, Canberra.
9. Meredith, L.D. and M. Richardson (1990) Rare of threatened Plants in Cultivation in Australia. Report Series No. 15. Australian National Parks and Wildlife Service.
10. Richardson, M. and F. Davies (1991) Cultivation of Endangered Australian Plants – WWF Project No 69. Australian National Botanic Gardens, Canberra.
11. Richardson, M., D. Falk, P. Wyse Jackson, G. Butler and L. Meredith (1991) Proposal for an Australian Network for Plant Conservation. Australian National Botanic Gardens, Canberra.
12. Richardson, M. and B. Barnsley (1991) Catalogue of Living Plants – Australian National Botanic Gardens. Australian National Botanic Gardens, Canberra
13. Meredith, L.D. and M. Richardson (1991) Towards and Australian Botanic Gardens Secretariat. In: Heywood, V and P. Wyse Jackson (eds) Tropical botanic gardens – their role in conservation and development. Academic Press
14. Butler, G., M. Richardson and W. Ganter (1991) Recovery Plan for Grevillea iaspicula. Australian National Botanic Gardens, Canberra.
15. Butler, G., L.D. Meredith and M. Richardson (eds) (1992) Conservation of Rare and threatened Plants in Australia. Proceedings of the Conference, Protective Custody – Ex Situ Plant Conservation in Australia. Australia National Botanic Gardens, Canberra.
16. Richardson, M. (1993) Botanic gardens seed lists – a curse to plant conservation. Danthonia 2(1)
17. Richardson, M (ed) (1993) The National Endangered Flora Collection – A conservation Resource. Australian National Botanic Gardens.
18. Suhirman, G. Butler, Fuaddini, J. Pfeiffer, M. Richardson and Suhendar (eds) (1994) Strategies for Flora Conservation in Asia. Proceedings of the Kebun Raya Conference. Kebun Raya, Indonesia.
19. Richardson, M. (1995) Conservation networking and the sustainable use of plants. In: Suhirman and J. Pfeiffer (eds) The Role of Flora in the World Economy and its Conservation. Proceedings of the Kebun Raya Conference. Kebun Raya, Indonesia.
20. Richardson, M (1995) Australian Network for Plant Conservation – developments to date. In: Meredith, L.D. Integrated Plant Conservation in Australia. Proceedings of the 1993 ANPC Conference, Cultivating Conservation: Integrated Plant Conservation for Australia. Australia Network For Plant Conservation.
21. Touchell, D.H., M. Richardson and K.W. Dixon (1997) Germplasm Conservation Guidelines for Australia. Australian Network for Plant Conservation.
22. Richardson, M (1997) Alice Springs Desert Park – Australia’s First BioPark. Botanic Gardens Conservation News 2(8)
23. Richardson, M. (1999) Right Things in the Right Place – Development of the botanical collections at the Alice Springs Desert Park. In: Getting the Message Across. Proceedings of the 1999 ARAZPA/ASZK Conference, Alice Springs
24. Davies, B.K., B. Simpson, M. Richardson and D. Albrecht (2002) Germination and Natural Seed Stores of Tanami Desert Plants In: Proceedings of 2001 ACMER Conference on Seed Biology. Mildura, NSW
25. Richardson, M. (2003) Biodiversity Crisis and the Convention for Biological Diversity. Proceedings of the Regional Botanic gardens Conference. Queen Sirikit Botanic Gardens, Thailand
26. Richardson, M. and P. Wyse Jackson (2003) Botanic Gardens and Global Change. BGO Newsletter No.11, pp: 17-22.
27. Richardson, M and S. Kumar (2003) Proposal for an Indian Botanic Gardens Network. National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow, India
28. Richardson, M. (2005) A role for BGANZ members in Asia/Oceania. The Botanic Garden (13)
29. Leadlay, E., J. Oikawa, A. Tieu and M. Richardson (eds) (2006) The Botanic Gardens of East Asia – Special Issue. BGjournal 3(2) (produced in 5 languages)
30. Richardson, M. (2007) The Global Strategy and a Sustainable Future for Botanic Gardens. In: Proceedings of National Conference on Strategy of Botanic Gardens. Giza, Egypt.
32. Tucker, C., S. Kneebone and M. Richardson (2009) Gaining Accreditation for Sustainability – Oman Botanic Garden and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED). BGjournal
33. Richardson, M. (2010) Review of The Handbook of the Worlds Conifers (Volume 1 &2) by Aljos Farjon
34. Richardson, M. (2012) When is a botanic garden collection “indigenous”?
35. Richardson, M. (2008) Royal Botanic Gardens, Jordan – a community approach to conserving native flora
36. Richardson, M., A. Burgess and L. Sealie (2014) Global Strategy for Plant Conservation and the National Arboretum Canberra, Australasian Plant Conservation, Volume 22, Issue 4
37. Richardson, M. and S. Sattler, (2015) Conservation Role for a new Arboretum in Canberra, Australia. BGJournal, Volume 12 Number 2
38. Richardson, M and V. Heywood (2017) Accreditation for Botanic Gardens. Information Paper No. 1 International Association of Botanic Gardens.